Black Bean SaladSarah Armstrong
Delicious and versatile. Use what you have on hand and vary it to your liking. Perfect for summer picnics!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, green onions, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper, avocado, pimentos, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and Italian dressing. Season with garlic salt. Toss, and chill until serving.
Source: "Nothing would be more tiresome than eating and drinking if God had not made them a pleasure as well as a necessity."