Asparagus PastaCarlie Opitz
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 large green onions (white part only)sliced diagonally
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 tsp basil, crumbled
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp blak pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 lb fusilli pasta (cooked according to package)
- Grated parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large, heavy skillet. Add asparagus, green onions and garlic; stir-fry over high heat for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add tomato, basil and oregano; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in wine, 1/2 cup of the chicken broth, olives, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Mix together cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth in small cup until smooth. Pour into skillet. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
To serve, place fusilli in shallow serving bowl. Pour asparagus mixture over pasta; toss gently to mix well. Serve with parmesan cheese.
Source: Carlie Opitz