Portuguese Angel Hair with Shellfish and Chorizo
Flavorful quick and easy pasta - unusual combination of ingredients that’s simply delicious.
- 4 Cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 Medium Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Chorizo Sausage, cubed
- 12 Large Shrimp, 10/14 ct.
- 12 Black Mussels
- 12 Littleneck Clams
- 4 ozs sliced fresh Calamari (optional)
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Tsp Saffron threads (or 1/4 tsp. powdered saffron)
- 4 Cups Broccoli florets, 1" pieces
- 1 11 oz. can Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 2 Tbls. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Box Barilla Plus Angel Hair wheat pasta 14 ozs.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Outstanding for a last minute dinner party of 6-8. See Chicken section for a "Kid friendly" version of this recipe made with chicken.
Source: Ken Mauer
More top-rated recipes: