Veggie Crescent AppetizerCarole Haas
Veggie trays, move over! This colorful tree-shaped appetizer will add an interesting twist to your appetizer buffet.
- total time:
- 30 min (, ready in1 hour 15 minutes)
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups finely chopped assorted vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, carrot, cucumber and/or green onions)
Heat oven to 375°F. Remove dough from cans in rolled sections (2 sections from each can); do not unroll. Cut each section into 8 slices (16 slices from each can).
2. Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets to form trees. To form each tree, start by placing 1 slice for top; arrange 2 slices just below, with sides touching. Continue arranging row of 3 slices, then row of 4 slices, ending with row of 5 slices. Use remaining slice for trunk. Refrigerate one tree.
3. Bake one tree at 375°F. for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute; carefully loosen with pancake turner and slide onto wire rack to cool. Bake and cool second tree.
4. Place each tree on serving platter. In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder; blend until smooth. Spread mixture over both trees. Decorate trees with assorted vegetable pieces. Garnish as desired. Refrigerate until serving time. To serve, pull apart slices of tree.
PILLSBURY.COM This can be formed into other shapes for other holdays, ie: Halloween pumpkin, Thanksgiving turkey, Easter Basket.
Source: Carole Haas