Martha’s Best Buttermilk Pancakes (modified a little bit :)jean kim
This is a great recipe to take camping...just premix all dry ingredients in a ziplock beforehand and add eggs/milk/butter when cooking.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk (or 2 c. whole milk)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted or softened, plus 1/2 teaspoon for griddle
1. Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps.
2. Heat oven to 175 degrees. Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is hot enough. Using a pastry brush, brush remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter or reserved bacon fat onto griddle. Wipe off excess.
3. Using a 4-ounce ladle, about 1/2 cup, pour pancake batter, in pools 2 inches away from one other. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
4. Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven. Serve warm.
I thought there was too much sugar. Feel free to cut in half, it will be fine. Don't forget the blueberries or chocolate chips (if your're Chris Poo Poo)!
Source: Jean Kim