Super NachosJulia Turner
A recipe from Carolyn Emery, an old family friend.
- total time:
- 40 min
- 1/2 lb. each ground beef & mexican chorizo
- 1 large chopped onion
- 3/4 taco sauce
- hot sauce to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/4 chopped green onion
- 1 - 2 cans (1 lb.) refried beans
- 1 cup sliced ripe black olives
- 1 - 4 oz. can green chilies, chopped
- 2 - 3 cups grated cheddar cheese or mix with jack cheese
- chopped red pepper and cilantro to garnish
- Sour cream
- Avocado dip
- Tortilla chips
Heat oven to 400 degree. Crumble ground beef and chorizo in frying pan and add onion on high heat, stirring until meat is lightly browned. Discard fat, season with salt and hot sauce to taste.
Spread beans in a shallow pan (10x15" oval or rectangular or a large pizza pan). Top evenly with meat. Sprinkle chilies, cover evenly with cheese and drizzle with taco sauce. Cover and chill if made ahead.
Bake uncovered in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove and garnish with green onion and olives. In center, mound avocado dip and sour cream. Add mild red pepper and springs of cilantro. Serve with chips.
Source: Julia Turner