Pan Fried Fish with Lentils and Balsamic VinegarTiffany
comment: very good
- 3 tbs olive oil,
- 3/4 finely chopped shallots,
- l garlic clove, minced,
- 4 tbs chopped fresh tarragon,
- 1 1/4 c. brown lentils,
- 1/2 c. dry vermouth,
- 3 1/2 c. fish stock,
- 1 1/2 tbs balsamic vinegar,
- 1 1/2 c. chopped, seeded tomatoes(5 large),
- 1/4 c. finely chopped fresh basil,
- 1/4 c. fresh chives,
- 6 6-oz sea bass filets
1. Heat 2 tbs oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and 2 tbs tarragon and saute until shallots are slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Mix in lentils and the vermouth. Simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 2 min. Add stock and simmer until lentils are tender but not mushy, stirring occasionally, about 35 min. Strain liquid from lentils into small saucepan. Transfer lentils to medium bowl. Boil liquid until reduced to 1/2 c, about 4 minutes. Whisk in vinegar. Season lentils and sauce to taste with salt and pepper(can be prepared l day ahead)
2. Rewarm lentils in medium saucepan over medium low heat. Mix tomatoes, basil, chives and remaining 2 tbs tarragon into lentils. Bring sauce to simmer.
3. Meanwhile, heat l tbs oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Spoon lentils onto plates. Top with fish. Drizzle with sauce around lentils.