Spring Greens with Wild Berry DressingKen Mauer
Sweet and flavorful salad!
- total time:
- 15 min
- 6 Lipton Bavarian Wild Berry Tea Bags
- 1 Shallot, peeled and halved
- 2 Tbsp White wine vinegar
- 4 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bag fresh Salad Greens
- 1/2 Sliced fresh red onion
- 2 Oranges and tangerines, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Place 1/2 cup of water in a 2 cup microwave safe dish and microwave on High power for 1 minute. Add 6 Tea bags to the boiling water, cover and let brew for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags, squeeze bags , and allow infused water to cool.
Combine the tea, shallots, vinegar, sugar and mustard and process 1 minute in a food processor to a smooth texture. Slowly add the olive oil while processing. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Place salad greens in a bowl, top with sliced red onions, orange slices, crumbled feta cheese and pecans. Drizzle with salad dressing and serve.
Source: Ken Mauer