Eating Well Crispy Taco ShellsJillian
Surprisingly easy and far better-tasting than store-bought taco shells.
- prep time:
- 10 min
- total time:
- 35 min
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Wrap 4 tortillas in a barely damp cloth or paper towel and microwave on High until steamed, about 30 seconds. (Alternatively, wrap in foil and heat in the preheated oven until steaming, 5 to 7 minutes.) Coat both sides with cooking spray; sprinkle a little chili powder and salt on one side.
3. Drape each tortilla over a panel on a baked-taco rack and bake until crispy and brown, 7 to 10 minutes. (Or see Kitchen Tip.)
4. Remove the shells from the rack and repeat Steps 2 and 3 with the remaining 8 tortillas
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 114 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrate; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 124 mg sodium; 103 mg potassium. 1 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch