Poached salmon with artichoke and pesto sauceJohn
Quick and easy, use lots of sauce.
- prep time:
- 5 min
- total time:
- 10 min
- 1 container prepared pesto sauce.
- 3 artichoke hearts finely chopped(canned not marinated).
- 3 tbsp artichoke liquid from the above can.
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan or sardo cheese.
- 4 (5-6 oz) salmon fillets.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- Wine and/or water.
Combine pesto sauce, chopped artichoke hearts, artichoke juice and parmesan/sardo cheese in a bowl.
Arrange fillets in a glass baking dish.
Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the fish.
Add wine and/or water to a depth of 1/4 inch.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over the fish.
Cover the dish with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes or until done, rotating the dish once.
To serve place fillet on a dish, cover with a little of the cooking liquid and generous amount if sauce.
You can make with any number of fillets as the sauce keeps almost forever in the refrigerator.