Gigi’s Seven-Layer Cookie BarsJennifer Rogers
This recipe is from Jen’s grandma, who read it in The News (NYC) way back when. Jen tends to “eyeball” everything rather than measure it out.
- total time:
- 45 min
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1-2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup shredded coconut (1 small bag)
- 1 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 cup semisweet morsels (6 oz bag)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a 9“x13” baking pan, melt the butter then combine with graham cracker crumbs and spread over the bottom of the pan.
Now layer the coconut, chocolate and butterscotch morsels. Pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the whole pan, then top evenly with nuts.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the treat begins to leave the sides of the pan. Do not over bake. Cool thoroughly before cutting into 30 bite size pieces or larger bars.
These are very rich so even small bites are delicious.
Source: Jennifer Rogers