Chicken CacciatoreMichael Nelson
- 6 chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion rings
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 oz.) tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (3 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
Wash chicken and pat dry. In large skillet, melt shortening over medium heat. Coat chicken with flour. Cook chicken in hot shortening over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until brown. Remove chicken; set aside.
Add onion rings, green pepper to skillet; cook and stir over medium heat until onion and pepper are tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients. Add chicken; cover and simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until thickest pieces are tender.
Serve with tossed green salad and bread sticks.
Source: Linda Gay Nelson