Ashley's Award Winning Chicken Enchiladasdiana
I got this recipe from Ashley and it is quite a hit. I even won 1st place in a potluck contest at work :) Enjoy!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Green chile (like La Victoria’s can of fire-roasted diced green chiles)
- Corn (like Del Monte’s can of whole kernel corn)
- Monterey jack cheese and pepper jack cheese (medium size packages)
- Enchilada sauce (like La Victoria’s or Las Palmas enchilada mild green chile, verde sauce in ready-to-go cans)
- Corn tortillas
Boil chicken until cooked (about 15 minutes), let cool, then shred.
Mix shredded chicken with the chiles, corn, some cheese, and some sauce in a big bowl.
Pour some sauce into bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30-60 seconds in a towel to get them soft before filling them so they don’t break.
Take one tortilla at a time, dip into sauce, add chicken filling, roll and place seam-down in baking dish.
Cover top with remaining cheese and sauce.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 or until everything is bubbly and browned on top.