CHOCOLATE TRIFLECheryl Manney
Such an easy and delicious dessert! Great to take to a pot luck, or a friends house.
- prep time:
- 30 min
- total time:
- 9 hr
- 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix (Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Mix)
- 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy OR 10 candy canes (both are optional)
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish.
**Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.**
Add a couple of drops of peppermint candy flavoring to the 12 oz whipped topping. Stir and taste. Add more if a stronger peppermint flavor is desired. Crush candy canes (about 10) and layer 1/2 on top of each whipped topping layer and omit shaved chocolate garnish.
The taste is enhanced when given the full 8 hours for the flavors to blend.
Source: Cheryl Manney