Also known as Mexican Wedding cookies or Snowball Cookies. The brandy in these makes them special.
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange flower water
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
If you can't find orange flower water, a substitute is to take the zest of 1 orange and steep it in 1 cup of sweet white wine for 24 hours. Strain and use.
Source: Sarah Armstrong
More top-rated recipes: