Cassie Shortsleeve's GuacamoleMaryanne
One of the best!
- prep time:
- 10 min
- total time:
- 20 min
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 c)
- green chili peppers (1 can)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 campari ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips
1) Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a medium size mixing bowl.
2) Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro,lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash together
3) Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole. Refrigerate until read.
4) Just before serving, add the chopped tomato to the guacamole and mix well.
A family favorite that we can all delight in.