Creole Seafood JambalayaAnna
- prep time:
- 15 min
- total time:
- 45 min
- 8 oz. andouille sausage or other spicy smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cup long-grain converted white rice
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1/2 lb. bay scallops
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1. In nonstick heavy-bottom Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage until browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to paper towels.
2. Add onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic to pot; cook until vegetables have softened, about 4 minutes.
3. Stir in rice, salt, thyme and cayenne; cook and stir, about 1 minute.
4. Stir in tomatoes with their juice, clam juice, chicken broth and browned sausage; mix well. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Scatter shrimp and scallops over rice; cover and cook until rice is fully tender and shrimp are opaque and cooked through, about 10 minutes more. When seafood is done, stir in parsley.