Three-Cheese Mini Macs
Anything big made small is ultra-fun for cocktail parties, and these quick, one-bite mac and cheeses are the ultimate example. Cooked in mini muffin pans, the mini macs can be assembled early and baked just as guests arrive. Recipe by Grace Parisi. From Best Holiday Hors d’Oeuvres. This recipe originally appeared in Food & Wine, December 2007.
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (1 packed cup)
- 4 ounces deli-sliced American cheese, chopped
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
Made this for a dinner party at my sister's and they were great!
Source: Sarah Thompson
More top-rated recipes: