Didu-r Boaal Machher Kacha Tel
Yum! Yumm! Yummm! Boal, like Aar has no scales and almost no bones. So, it should please even finicky, panicky, reluctant fish-eaters! Both are meaty fish. So, instead of the usual plain and simple fish curry, you can make a hearty, spicy curry like for meats. These fish can take it and taste the better for it!
- Boal fish, 8 pieces, cleaned, washed (darne cuts, not fillets)
- Mustrad oil, 4 tbsp
- Onion, 2, quartered
- Garlic, 2 big cloves, rough chopped
- Ginger, 1/2 x 1/2 inch stub, rough chopped
- Tomato, 1, quartered
- Red chilli powder, 1-2 tsp (optional)
- Green Chilli, small, 2, halved
- Sugar, 1-2 tsp
- Salt, to taste
It's preferable to not pre-fry boneless, meaty fish (e.g., aar, boal, and also tangra) as they may become tough.
Source: Mahua Sengupta
More top-rated recipes: